Saturday, February 14, 2009

Plum Brook Preserve

Kathy Klink here, Plum Brook Preserve in Delaware Township, Hunterdon County---

Wow! i am very impressed by Rachel's blog and feel that mine will be a little bit weak in comparison - but here we go!

first things first, i often do not use capital letter while i type, email, blog informally.

i have been dealing with a lot of medical issues with my mom for the past 2 months. one day i really needed to clear my head, so i decided to go walk my site, the plum brook preserve. i did this walk about 2 weeks ago, to sort of assess what's been going on down there since D & R took it over. there was snow on the ground and the brook was actually covered with ice, but not solidly! i had sadie with me, for those of you who do not know her, she is my ADD dog - and that does not mean that she can add!

we walked along the creek and the first thing that i noticed was a tree with markings made by a pileated - that is definitely new, because that is a part of my regular walk, that i have been doing there for many years. we walked along the creek and looked for a spot to cross over. i used a long branch to test the water ahead of me, but there were still times that i fell through! fortunately, the water is really not too deep.

it is always the silence and the surroundings that get to me. it's like a huge weight just slowly starts to lift off me.

i have to say that for no other reason than providing as many people as possible that peace, D & R is doing a great job!

Hope to see you all at the gathering!

kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment